16 | 09 | 2019
Previous picture Picture 15 of 41 Next picture
gallery/Panels/Presentation-Panel-2005/PICT0398.jpg
Lawrence Batley Theatre/Queen Street Chapel - John Murphy

At the time of its opening in 1819, Queen Street Chapel was the largest Methodist chapel in the world. The congregation dwindled until the chapel closed down and was re-opened as a theatre, named after its main benefactor, Lawrence Batley. It is a much-used theatre today.