15 | 11 | 2019
Previous picture Picture 29 of 41 Next picture
gallery/Panels/Presentation-Panel-2005/PICT0412.jpg
The Cloth Hall - Neil Simpson

The original Cloth Hall was built in 1766 and enlarged twice. It was a circular building on 2 floors and buyers could walk around the perimeter looking into the windows to see the cloth on display. From 1870, trade dwindled until in 1881 its use was changed. In 1930, it was demolished and the part shown here was erected in Ravensknowle Park. 9"x9"